When I commit to something, I’m usually pretty consistent.
It took me forever to start this blog, but I committed to writing a post every day for at least a year except for holidays and weekends.
We soon have a holiday weekend upon us, so I want to be sure to note that for which I am especially grateful before I’m swept up in the excitement of preparing food and cleaning our home (which helps me relax!).
- My astonishing daughter and husband
- My extended family — and there are many of us. We could have our own village!
- My ʻohana in Hawaii — a word I did not know the meaning of until I moved here
- My daughter’s amazing teacher
- My daughter’s awesome teacher (Yes, I know I repeated #4!)
- The Buddhist temple communities to which my family belongs
- The Quaker communities to which my family belongs
- My job and colleagues
- Readers of this blog
- Marathon running
- A good book in German or English
Everything else is truly icing on the cake! Happy Thanksgiving!