The beauty about a blog is that ideas swimming in your mind can become actual posts — and then they are no longer wandering around like aimless sleepwalkers!
While ironing, I thought about achievements in life that no one can ever take away. I love to iron, but that is not one of the achievements! I hope they are in the right order. I’m sure I will rethink them in the following days and I know some will change in the years ahead.
I am asking, Dear Readers, if you could share a few of yours with followers of this blog. After all, it is called Tennis, Trisomy 21 and Taking in Life Together.
- Becoming a father to my stunning girl
- Becoming a better parent
- Meeting my husband and being married for 15 years through thick and thin
- Staying close to my immediate and very extended family. My many cousins are like my siblings.
- Striving to be a decent friend with so much gratitude to my friends who have stayed with me
- Being open to faith and staying flexible with it
- Becoming an advocate for Civil Rights
- Writing and publishing poetry
- Finishing 18 marathons
- Keeping my promise to my grandfather that the German language would always be part of my life
- Bonus: Discovering tennis
- Bonus: Receiving a Fulbright. To this day, many years later, I still can’t believe it. Like tennis, it changed my life and I’m so lucky it happened when I was still young!